Tuesday 4 August 2015

Another watercolour and a puff stitch headband


Hello! How are you? I hope you're doing well! I finally finished my second knitted hat ... and it's too small again! Argh! This pattern and I are obviously not meant to be >___< Thankfully, this time it's only a tiny bit too small so currently it's blocking and I hope that when it's dry I'll be able to wear it. Fingers crossed!


While we wait for it to dry (which is probably going to take a while because it's still SO COLD here), here are two little projects that I made recently ^___^ I used liquid latex to make yet another watercolour quote art - I just really love these, ok? ^____^
 

I like the little sploges around the edges, but I need to work on making sure there isn't too much water in the middle to create the muddy colours. Less is more in this case! I just need to keep practising ^___^
 

I also crocheted this puff stitch headband, with some gorgeous hand-dyed yarn from Beks who knits. I used a 4mm hook and simply crocheted a long puff stitch rectangle, and a smaller puff stitch square, sewed up the ends of the rectangle, and sewed the square over the top of the join.
 

Both of the seams are hidden on the inside of the headband, and I think the puff stitch works really well to show off the colours in the yarn.
 


Having the square sewn over the headband squeezes it together a little bit to create a subtle bow shape which I love, and it's perfect for keeping your ears warm in cooler weather ~___^
 

Also recently, my DIY the Look feature for Cut Out + Keep went live! I curated ten projects from Cut Out + Keep that I thought were perfect to help you recreate Kyary Pamyu Pamyu's style and I think it turned out super fun! Check it out and let me know what you think ^____^

- Lisa xx
 

2 comments:

Amy said...

These are both so cute! Thank you for sharing ♥
Amy xx

Little Moon Dragon

Lisa said...

Thanks Amy ^____^