Hello! How have you been? I've been busy working on a Steampunk Librarian costume for Oz Comic Con (can't wait!) and getting things organised because next month I'm going back to uni! Yay! I am super excited ^_^
I made this quote triptych using just a couple of supplies - you might even be able to make this just with the things in your stash!
Here's how I did it:
1. I spray painted the three canvases with gold, silver, and bronze in a random pattern.
2. When the canvases were dry, I used painter's tape to mask off the areas I wanted to retain the metallic mixture look (you can see what I mean if you look at the diamond - it's not a solid colour inside).
3. Then I went over the canvases again with a solid layer of metallic spray paint - gold for the two with straight lines of tape and silver for the diamond shape.
4. After leaving the paint to dry overnight, I peeled off the tape and then outlined the shapes with a small paintbrush and acrylic paint.
5. Using a Sharpie, I added the quote on the gold canvases. You could also do this with the acrylic paint but my brush handling skills are not that great! ~_^
I like how this kinda looks like washi tape! ^_^
The quote on this set is from Harry Potter, and I'm really happy with how it turned out, but now I'm thinking of other quotes that could be turned into more canvas art! ~_^
Do you have a favourite quote that you would use, if you made a set like this?
Would you use metallic colours as well, or another combination?
I'd love to hear your ideas! ^_^
- Lisa x