Tuesday 18 March 2014

Crafty Forever wood + paper wreath



Hello! How are you today? This week is my third week of uni, and it's already been so busy! I'm glad that I'm only working one job this year, although it does mean that my crafting budget is a wee bit tight. Luckily, I've had many years in which I hoarded craft supplies to my little heart's content, so I have a lot of stash busting to do! ^___^
 

This wooden wreath is a Kaisercraft kit; the so-called Funky Wreath. Personally, I'm a little suspicious of anything that contains the word "funky", but it was pretty cute, so I made an exception ~___^
 

I started off by covering all the wooden pieces in scrapbooking paper, but when I put it together I felt that it looked way too busy. So I removed nine leaf pieces, and one large bird, to make a much more toned down wreath.
 

 I decided to make this a craft-themed wreath, because I'm incredibly predictable and have only, like, three real interests ~___^ The manequin flourish is another Kaisercraft product, as is the little ruler below; I wish that I had of had more crafty things to add to the wreath but my other embellishments didn't really work with the wooden ones. At least it has stopped me from going too OTT with flourishes though (this has definitely happened before!).



The letters are cardboard, and ones that I've had for a very long time so I have no idea where I got them from. They were originally green and blue striped and pink and purple argyle, and didn't go at all with the colours I was using so I spray painted them white instead.
 

The tiny bunting is probably my favourite part of the wreath; it's just so cute and little! ^___^ Bunting is super easy to make too - I just cut out diamond shapes from some scraps of paper and then glued them over a piece of bakers' string that I got from Riot.
 


I used hot glue to stick everything together, and that was that! I'm really glad my craftyness has come back, but of course it's during university when I can't craft as much! Well, absence makes the heart grow fonder, and all that, I guess ~___^
 

I've got a few more projects in the pipeline, so I will have something pretty to show you next week, but for now, it's back to the ol' study desk for me!

- Lisa xx

2 comments:

Kat said...

Oooooh! I'm in love with the tiny bunting. I didn't realize it was so easy to make! :) Cute paper is a major weakness for me, but I never get around to actually doing anything with it.

Lisa said...

The only bad thing about bunting is that it is addictive - once you make some then you want to make enough to cover everything you love in tiny flags ~___^

And I know what you mean about the paper! I haven't scrapbooked for years, but that aisle in the craft store is very very dangerous; I want to have everything! ^___^