Thursday, 10 April 2014

The Giant Pineapple Cosy KAL


Hello everyone! Last year Tanya and I organised a Foxy KAL that was so much fun that we wanted to do another one! And it's finally happening! ^___^ 

We found a great retro knitting pattern for a pineapple tea cosy and we're excited to share that pattern with you in our new Giant Pineapple Cosy KAL! You can download the pattern straight away (just click on the image below to go to the download link); it was originally made by Patons in their Nick-Nacks C41 pattern book. We don't know when it was released, but since it includes measurements in both centimeters and inches, I'm guessing it's probably from about the 1970s. Ace!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_MO0cK8Qg7mYWJFTG83UWotU0U/edit?usp=sharing

Tanya made this one, so you could see what you're getting into! Isn't it lovely? She's done a super job and I'm so excited to make my own!


https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_MO0cK8Qg7mVkdweHJKWEdLbmc/edit?usp=sharing

Now, even though we've called this a knit-a-long, we haven't forgotten about the crocheters! I've made a really simple crochet version of the original knit pattern; it looks a little different but it's still full of retro-style amazingness! You can click the image above to download the pattern from my Google Drive ^___^ The KAL will start on May 5th, and will run until June 2nd and then we'll announce the winner of this awesome prize pack! Far out! ^___^





Join our Ravelry group to stay up to date on all the KAL chatting fun and to share your awesome WIPs and FOs with us! ^___^ See ya on the flip side!

Lisa xx

5 comments:

Tanya said...

wooo! and we're off!

Robert Dulaney said...

Oh my gosh! I want to make one too! This is super cute. My tea cozy is the most mundane!

Lisa said...

I do hope you join Robbie, I think it will be super fun! We have already got a rather impressive group over on Ravelry, but of course you do not have to join the group to knit along with us ^___^ I am seriously so excited to see everyone's cosies, and I can't wait to get started on making my own knit version!

Elvis Lives said...

I am in. Thanks for the crochet pattern, because I can't knit :-)

Lisa said...

Great to have you with us, Elvis Lives! I am primarily a crocheter, and it always makes me a bit sad when I see an awesome pattern that is only for knitting (because I'm really not a very good knitter!) so we always try to make our KALs more like K/CALs ~___^