Sunday 22 April 2012

The photo challenge continues!


Hey! How has your weekend been? Mine has gone really fast, which I think is because I had to work on Saturday - boo! >_< Anyway, here's more pictures for the month of craft photos challenge, plus what I've been up to lately.


Day 8: Most challenging FO. This was really hard to choose! I eventually picked Penelope because while I would re-make most of my projects, I would never make another giant squid plushie. Penelope is bigger than me (not tricky for most people as I'm only 5"3', but impressive for a soft toy) and took a lot of manoeuvring on the sewing machine to complete. I love her though ^_^


Day 9: Shadow. There are lots of shadows around here, but not so many pretty ones. I like the shadows my two-tier cake display makes though, plus the stand itself is very pretty ^_^


Day 10: A crafty gift. This owl gauge for knitting needles was a one of those free gifts from the front of a magazine. Still counts, right? ^_^ It's a lovely mint green, which is one of my favourite colours at the moment.


In other news, I cut my fringe, found this lovely vintage-looking shirt dress, and got up the courage to take and post a photo of myself not wearing make-up. Maybe next I'll be able to post a photo of myself that doesn't stop at the torso - ha ha! ^_^


And I spent this morning baking biscuits for a little tea party this afternoon. This copper cookie cutter is so sweet! The biscuits are my own recipe, and I'm really pleased that they turned out well ^_^

Here's the recipe for you:

Vanilla, Cinnamon, and Golden Syrup Biscuits

185g of softened butter
3/4 cups of sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 teaspoons of golden syrup
3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons of olive oil
2 cups of flour

1. Heat the oven to 180oC and line flat trays with baking paper.
2. Beat the butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl until pale and creamy.
3. Add the golden syrup, cinnamon, and olive oil and continue to beat until well combined.
4. Sift the flour into the bowl and stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
5. Turn out the dough onto your counter (I put a sheet of baking paper over mine first) and knead until soft and not crumbly. If your dough seems a little too crumbly, return it to the bowl, add a bit more olive oil, and knead to combine.
6. Roll out with a rolling pin, cut into shapes, and transfer to baking trays.
7. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Once cooked, let the biscuits cool slightly on the trays before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely; this is especially important if you're using large, delicate shapes like the teapot above.
9. Eat one to check that they're ok to serve to friends ~_^

I hope your weekend is super awesome and if you make some biscuits from this recipe, I'd love to know if you liked them ^_^

- Lisa x

4 comments:

Sara said...

Lisa

Thanks for the timely recipe! I will be making your cookies for my alternative Diamond Jubilee afternoon tea party and I love the teapot cookie cutter.

Lisa said...

Oh, that sounds fun Sara! I hope the recipe turns out well for you ^_^

BEESTLYproducts said...

i love that squid! and your needle gauge is dreamy <3

Lisa said...

Thanks Robbie! The needle gauge is from the March issue of Simply Knitting, if you were wanting to know ^_^