Monday 27 January 2014

Flights of Fancy scarf, plus some WIPs


Hello! I have felt vaguely unproductive recently as, although I have been crafting, I haven't actually *finished* much. However, hopefully you will soon see finished versions of these projects! ^___^

Rebecca helped me to adjust completely rehaul a pattern for a cotton top - it fits me much better than the mannequin, I promise! Betty and I really do have completely different shapes (she's not actually that helpful for dressmaking for that reason, but she is very pretty so I forgive her ~___^). This project has halted for the moment as I need to purchase more calico so that I can create the lining; I used up my remaining calico on two toiles, one of which is pictured above >___< I didn't think I'd get to the stage of needing to buy more fabric quite so soon - I have a rather impressive collection of material which, hopefully, will be reduced once I get going on with making more clothes ^___^

 

I've also been working on this embroidery hoop, which is for Rebecca as an extremely late birthday gift. She should receive it sometime before her next birthday. Maybe. ~___^ The stitches on this design are teeny tiny and unfortunately I can't do it for long periods of time or at night time without hurting my back, neck, and/or eyes. Unreasonable body, placing restrictions on my crafting time! ~___^


The pattern is Witchcraft by Urban Threads, and I'm really keen to see it finished! I've got a couple of ideas to add a twist to the pattern, and I really hope that I can make it work ^___^


I've also been adding to my slowly growing pile of granny squares. I now have 126 of them; only 346 to go! >___<
 

This will eventually be a blanket, but I don't think it's going to be finished anytime soon. It takes me about an hour to make one square so if I crafted only this for a year then maybe I'd get it done but I get bored too easily to do that! Plus, I think the blog would really go downhill if it was just photos of grey and black granny squares every week! ~___^
 

Still it's good to see my collection growing .... ^___^
 

But here's something I *have* finished! Yay! ^___^


I made this royal blue scarf using the Flights of Fancy pattern from Lion Brand Yarns; although I used a completely different wool and therefore hook size.
 

It was very easy to do and produced an interesting pattern, like leaning trebles.
 


However, as you can see from my bare arms, it's still the middle of summer here, which makes it highly impractical! At least I'll be ready when winter rolls around again ^___^

What have you been working on? I love hearing from you!
- Lisa xx 

4 comments:

bekswhoknits said...

whoah that's a lot of granny squares!

I totally agree with the body getting in the way of crafting time. So annoying.

Lisa said...

Thanks Beks! ^___^ One's body can be very inconvenient - one day we'll all be robots and then we can craft all day, every day - yay! ~___^

Little Red Emo Hood said...

Oh your embroidery is so lovely and neat! Love it!

Lisa said...

Thanks Kim! Once I manage to wash out that stubborn embroidery pencil, I'll be able to show you the whole thing!! ^____^