Friday 31 January 2014

How now, (pink and) blue cowl



Hello! It's still summer here, and what am I making? More winter wear. Logic; it's not my strong point ~___^


I took these photos in the very early morning, when it was still a bit cool, and I was still much too cosy! But this cowl will definitely come in handy for winter ... whenever that happens to arrive! It feels like this summer has been so long, and so very hot!
 


I made this cowl from ten granny squares; I actually had nine of them already because originally I was going to make a blanket. But, considering how long the Death Star Blanket is taking to make, any future blankets I make are not going to be seven row squares. What was I thinking?! ~___^

The yarn I used is 100% acrylic; the variegated pink is kinda stiff but the turquoise is so, so soft which kinda makes up for it ^___^
 
I whipped this up last night so I had something to post today so, as you can see, I haven't blocked it yet! Also, as you (hopefully) can't see, I actually haven't woven in the ends either! ~___^


It's lovely and squishy to wear though, and when it's on, the lack of blocking is almost unnoticeable ^___^


Next post, I'll show you my new top; it's rather cropped - oh my! I'm not used to showing so much stomach, but I must admit it's more seasonally appropriate than these last couple of projects! ~___^

- Lisa xx

No comments: