Saturday 31 March 2012

Handmade handbag


Hey! Let's talk about handbags ^_^

The handles on my old bag were so completely stretched out, and I wanted a new bag that *didn't* use fake leather for the handles, but I couldn't find *anything* in the stores that wasn't faux cow.

So, I got out some fabric and some cotton rope and made myself one! ^_^ Yay!

I am really happy with how it turned out, and I can't wait to give it a test run tomorrow ^_^


The outside fabric is this cute quilting cotton with colourful pictures of eyeglasses - I've had this fabric for *ages* so I'm glad I've finally used some of it.
 

The bright yellow interior fabric is from IKEA - it's so happy! ^_^

If you'd like to make your own, I based my bag on this one here I made the shape slightly different and used longer lengths of rope for the handles (I like mine to go over my shoulder, so I used about 50 inches for each handle) but the instructions work anyway ^_^

I hope you had a great day today! 

- Lisa x

4 comments:

Annie said...

Looks great :)

Lisa said...

Thanks Anne ^_^

BEESTLYproducts said...

CUTEEEEEEEEE!!!! <3

Lisa said...

Thanks! ^_^