Monday 2 January 2012

Sparkly puff stitch beret with applique heart

Happy (belated) New Year everyone! I hope you had a nice evening ... I stayed in and crocheted. *Such* a partier ~_^

But I'm pleased to be able to already be able to cross one thing off my list for Craftathon 2012. Yay!
I made myself a beret using one of my favourite patterns and some hand-spun yarn from my friend Molly. In 2011 we did a swap - I made her a purple squid amigurumi and she made me a skein of yarn. It's all in shades of red and kinda reminds me of blood and guts. I know, I know, I'm a sick puppy - but it really does! Also, it's sparkly and so, for these reasons, I have named this wool "Bring Me the Heart of Edward Cullen" ~_^ 






I made a small felt heart and stitched it onto the hat which I think really sets the whole thing off ~_^

Anyway, I hope you'll stay with me this year for another year of tea, craft, and lots of really bad photos! ~_^

What are your plans for 2012?

- Lisa x

3 comments:

Helena said...

Hi, have you heard of this lady? http://www.kylaroma.com/
Not that you need any more ideas cos you seem to have plenty, but she does crochet and knitting and things... You have brain hat and princess leia beanie on your crochet list, but she has made a bow headband which is pretty cool.

BEESTLYproducts said...

WOW!!!! that is quite a list!

Lisa said...

@Helena: I really like Kyla's blog! Her bow headband is super cute and I am particularly in love with mustard yellow at the moment ^_^

@Robbie: Um, yeah, but it's good to have goals, right? ~_^