Wednesday 4 January 2012

Spool knitted necklace


Hey folks! How are you today? I was sick today, but happily was recovered enough by this evening to take some photos of my new necklace ^_^


I have really been loving mustard yellow lately and that was the first colour I pulled out of my stash when planning this necklace. Then I took a leaf from Pip's style book and paired the mustard yellow with a light grey. Then I added in a few pops of blue to brighten it up a bit ^_^


The necklace is about 94 inches (about 240 cm) long, which leaves plenty of room for it to loop around and because it's yarn it's light and soft. I made it by stitching a long length of spool knitting and then sewing the two ends together. Super easy! Changing colours was done by cutting the end of one colour yarn and knotting in the new colour. Making sure the knots were in the inside of the knitting tube was the most tricky bit, and even then mistakes are easily rectified by pushing the knot into the tube and adding a stitch across it so that it can not come out again.


What do you think?

- Lisa x

3 comments:

Kate said...

Oh man I love this necklace! I just bought a spool knitting and weaving kit with Xmas money and now totally want to copy you! And not to worry about the tribute band joke. I got it (and am also not cutting my hair in attempt to save money)! Yay!

BEESTLYproducts said...

adorable! i love it! i say go for some cross stitch next!

Lisa said...

@ Kate: Awesome! Copying is the best form of flattery ~_^ I really want to give weaving a go, and I can't wait to see what you make ^_^ (And I'm totally glad you got my joke!)

@Robbie: Thanks! ^_^